ECOLOGICALLY SAFE AND HIGHLY EFFECTIVE
TECHNOLOGY OF WASHING RAILWAY TANKS
FOR OIL AND OIL PRODUCTS
TECHNOLOGICAL SCHEME OF RAILWAY TANK CLEANING
- The proposed technology ensures à substantial reduction of emission,
up to its complete exclusion, of harmful substances into the atmosphere and onto the soil,
by complete sealing of tanks in the process of their washing.
- The irretrievable loss of power resources has been substantially reduced,
up to its complete exclusion..
- There has been achieved a sharp reduction of the need for steaming the tanks
and virtually excluded the necessity of manual labour for stripping the tanks.
The sealing of tanks is achieved by closing their filling openings by special covers
which have two cleaning machines pivotally attached to them as well as by carrying out closed
discharge of the wash water from the tanks through a special drainage device (See Fig.1).
Due to the optimal pattern of the cleaning machines arrangement in the tanks as well as enhancing
the working parameters of the wash water up to t = 80…85°C and Ð = 0,9...1,0 MPa there has
been virtually excluded the need for steaming the tanks. In separate cases in washing heavily
contaminated tanks the duration of their treatment can be substantially reduced by combining
the washing and steaming processes, with the steam consumption being minimal.
The realization of the proposed technology will allow, in comparison with the technologies used at the present time,
to reduce for one tank treated:
The proposed waste-free technology of cleaning periodically discharged wash water,
will provide in a guaranteed fashion any required quality of its cleaning from oil
products up to 0.05 ppm.
- - the consumption of heat and steam used for steaming the tank - by 0.1 GCal;
- - the irretrievable loss of condensate - by 600 kg;
- - the expenses of water preparation - by the amount equal to preparation of 615 kg of boiler water;
- - water consumption - by 1000 kg.
The realization of the proposed highly effective technology will ensure in a guaranteed fashion the obtaining
of profit in the amount of not less than USD 50, for one tank treated; besides from each tank on
the average some 80 kg of highly liquid oil residues can be recovered.
UkrNIIMF is ready to develop the tank cleaning process for specific conditions
- The Institute's specialists will develop necessary design and engineering documentation.
- They will manufacture washing, water cleaning and other special equipment.
- Possible is the manufacture and delivery of self-contained plants for tanks cleaning in modular
version in ISO 20-foot containers. One such module can clean simultaneously two tanks,
which allows provided there is adequate power provision to achieve the capacity of up to 50 tanks a day.